Nama Houjicha chocolate Recipe
Unique pieces of houjicha chocolate with a light cool and tart flavor of Houjicha tea, a little fatty of whipping cream.
※The quantity of 32 pieces
White Chocolate 175g Unsalted butter 65g Heavy whipping cream 65g Honey 2.5g Houjicha powder (A) 6g Houjicha powder(B) 10 ~ 15g
Boil the water
Line an baking dish with parchment paper
- Place a deep heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the white chocolate into bowl. Stir the chocolate until melted. Remove a bowl from the heat.
- Put cream, honey, and houjicha powder (A) in a small saucepan. Mix with a rubber spatula to evenly distribute the mixture, then heat.
- Turn off the heat, add the Mixture heavy cream (2) into melted chocolate bowl (1) and stir to combine with a silicone spatula.
- Mix the chocolate and cream and make sure there is no lump. The chocolate should be completely smooth. After put it in to baking dish
- Tap the baking dish onto the counter a few times (to make sure the chocolate is evenly distributed). Refrigerate until firm, about 4-5 hours.
- Take out the nama chocolate from fridge and cut into about 2.5cm x 2.5cm square with hot knife. Put hojicha powder (B) in a bat or large tupperware, add the cut hojicha raw chocolate and sprinkle the powder on the top.
The Best Way to Cut Chocolate
1. Warm up the sharp knife with a hot towel
2.Cut the chocolate into 1” strips.
3. Then cut the strips into cubes. Remember to clean/warm up the knife before each cut.
Keep in the airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or you can freeze the chocolate for up to a month.
Make a gift
Serve Nama Houjicha Chocolate on a plate, or put it in a box as a gift. If the chocolate just came out of the refrigerator, I recommend waiting for 5-10 minutes before serving so it's soft enough to melt in the mouth instead of chilled and hard chocolate.
Nama Chocolate is one of the most popular gifts from Japan, but you can easily make it at home.
Houjicha parfait is a perfect mixture of houjicha chocolate, Hojicha icecream, wine jelly, strawberry... Its slightly savory and elegant taste, is just delicious!